RAK811 Current Consumption

• Hi,

Looking at the power consumption figures on this page, the information is confusing and contradicts with each other.

0_1489721217293_TestofPowerConsumption.jpg

0_1489721360377_Parameter.jpg

So, how much is the sleep current?
    TX current and RX current?

• Sorry for your misunderstand , follow power consumption is right, we will update the parameter list!
    0_1489975256956_upload-c2b799b7-598a-4308-94dc-dade22f66ac1

• @junhua I believe the bulk of the sleep current comes from the TCXO as it is not being shutdown although the rest of the component is put into sleep mode? I'm merely guessing but other than that, it could be IO pins in floating input state. 372 uA is just too much if you look in the market at other module. Even the unstable RN2483 is around 30-40 uA (claimed as 10 uA).

Will you guys be updating the hardware/firmware to further optimize the sleep current to something more suitable for battery operation like at least 10-20 uA?

Actually I like the fact TCXO is being used as it is much more reliable at SF=12 & BW=125kHz at lower/higher temperature.

• Thanks your great suggestion, We will check our firmware or hardware to decrease the deepsleep power consumption. By the way ,what is the way to wake up from sleep.
    Yes, we currently use the TCXO .
    Thanks again.

• @phangmoh Hi , sleep power consumption is decrease to 7.2uA . please test the attach Firmware .
    0_1490068785730_RAK811_V1023_RELEASE_868.bin

• @junhua That is impressive. So, this is achieved with the TCXO running or totally shutdown? Or optimization were made on the pins that were floating?

This is good news. Thank you for working around the clock for the fix.

Looks like your connection to RAK Support Center was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.