FW upgrade BC95-G in RAK8211-NB
What is the easiest way to upgrade the FW of the Quectel BC95-G module on the RAK8211-NB?
(using QDownload NB-IoT V3.4)
Just an update on this topic.
As I really needed the COAP/LWM2M commands of the newer FW and as there was no obvious way to upgrade the BC95-G in a conventional manner, we did something a bit less conventional:
- USB to TTL device connected to USB port of PC
- GND to a GND pin on the RAK8211
- RXD pressed to pin 30 of the BC95-G
- TXD pressed to pin 29 of the BC95-G
- 3V3 pressed to pin 45 of the BC95-G
- Started Qdownload, selected module type, COM port, FW file, SSB file
- pressed "Read IMEI" and then "Download"
After "update ready" waited a little more for the IMEI update and: done!
Not the most elegant procedure, but it solved the problem.
Hope that the next FW updates can be done through FOTA.
Now you can upgrade the BG96 firmware in the RAK8212 board via FOTA as the following tutorial.
Regarding the BC95, we still need time to build.