Help with RAK833 EVB Kit Mini PCIe LoRa Gateway SX1301

• Yesterday arrived the RAK833 EVB Kit Mini PCIe LoRa Gateway SX1301. They work fine, I can power on and test it and everything is ok, but I dont understand:

• This come with a SD card, but the documentation dont talk about "how to use this".
      *I try to search documentation about how connect RAK833 with open WRT to TTN or cayenne or another server, but I don't find it.
    • Where I can find more information for this product?

• The use of the 833 and 831 is similar, you can refer to the 831 manual.

• But, If I want to use a openwrt I have two folders:

/usr/bin/lora
    /usr/bin/packet_forwarder

Both has differents app, but if I want to run the concentrator, they started but I dont have connection to ttn servers. I did run the follow commands:

1.- I change global_conf.json to US frequency 915Hz and ttn servers.
    2.-Run (i modify eth0.2 for the wan connection) ./update_gwid.sh local_conf.json
    3.- I reset pin on folder: /usr/bin/lora/
    ./reset_lgw.sh start
    4.-start concentrator on folder /usr/bin/packet_forwarder
    and run ./lora_pkt_fwd
    5.- The Concentrator start but I dont have any ACK:

. ##### 2018-07-31 18:21:42 UTC #####
    . ### [UPSTREAM] ###
    . # RF packets received by concentrator: 0
    . # CRC_OK: 0.00%, CRC_FAIL: 0.00%, NO_CRC: 0.00%
    . # RF packets forwarded: 0 (0 bytes)
    . # PUSH_DATA datagrams sent: 1 (111 bytes)
    . # PUSH_DATA acknowledged: 0.00%
    . ### [DOWNSTREAM] ###
    . # PULL_DATA sent: 3 (0.00% acknowledged)
    . # PULL_RESP(onse) datagrams received: 0 (0 bytes)
    . # RF packets sent to concentrator: 0 (0 bytes)
    . # TX errors: 0
    . # BEACON queued: 0
    . # BEACON sent so far: 0
    . # BEACON rejected: 0
    . ### [JIT] ###
    . # SX1301 time (PPS): 302406309
    . src/jitqueue.c:448:jit_print_queue(): INFO: [jit] queue is empty
    . ### [GPS] ###
    . # GPS sync is disabled
    . ##### END #####

JSON up: {"stat":{"time":"2018-07-31 18:21:42 UTC","rxnb":0,"rxok":0,"rxfw":0,"ackr":0.0,"dwnb":0,"txnb":0}}

What I doing wrong?

• Hi RAK community & folks, I started with this same 833 board on the OpenWRT based board and got stuck same point here. not idea how to make a TTN gw based on this board that seems to have all we need from hardware point of view but not clear from Software PoV.

what was the idea of this board with a working OpenWRT but not a working packet forwarder on LoraWAN interface ? (RAK 833 inside board)

any update on RAK admins / engineers ?

http://s3.cn-north-1.amazonaws.com.cn/docs.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK833 Pcie LoRa Gateway/Software Development/RAK833-EVB Base Openwrt Quick Start Guide V1.0.pdf

• Hi, sir. You can refer to the following tutorial to build RAK833, but it is based on Rasspberry Pi, not OpenWRT.
    https://www.hackster.io/fomi-T/from-zero-to-build-your-own-lora-network-with-rak833-and-rpi-bc3ee1

We are developing an OpenWRT version software for RAK833, and will get it soon. If it is done, we'll upload the source code to github.

• Thanks Fomi, but that tutorial is for a 833 mounted in a PCIe /SPI to USB adaptor then connected to a raspi usb port. Nothing really related to the EVB board where we can mount the RAK833 with an already specific gateway HW design including the RAK634 for Wifi b/g/n and rest of components like LAN /WAN Eth ports, serials debugs etc.
    Ive bough this EVB because of this design, not really interested in a raspi solution. the RAK 831 is for that more convenient and supported.

So do you have any timeframe where we can have OpenWRT with the lora module working as a TTN GW on this RAk833 /RAK634 EVB board?
    0_1538231545307_SumatraPDF_2018-09-29_11-25-06.png

Looks like your connection to RAK Support Center was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.