RAK 831 LoRaWAN Gateway SD IMAGE

• Hello,

I have bought MAX-7Q GPS Module with LoRa Gateway Developer Kit, RAK831 LoRa/LoRaWan Module with Raspberry, base on SX1301, 433/868/915MHz.

Unfortunately, I have lost the SD card. I wonder if there are any place where I can download the SD Image so I could burn it into a new SD card.

With best regards

Sebastian

• Have a look at this link.
    https://www.hackster.io/naresh-krish/getting-started-with-the-rak-831-lora-gateway-and-rpi3-e3351d
    All you meed is a Raspberry Pi image which you can download from the Raspberry foundation the rest is installed from the web. Just follow the instruction,

• I thought that SD Card had special software or drivers from RAK. So, I will try with that link.

Thank you very much for your response!

With best regards

Sebastian Barillaro

• @barillaro no I don't think that there is any special software. There are 2 things which got me when I set up my gateway.

1. Enable SPI in on the Pi which you now do via
      //
      Run sudo raspi-config .
      Use the down arrow to select 9 Advanced Options.
      Arrow down to A6 SPI .
      Select yes when it asks you to enable SPI,
      Also select yes when it asks about automatically loading the kernel module.
      Use the right arrow to select the <Finish> button.
      Select yes when it asks to reboot.

As I'm not a programmer small and bid endian.

• @88bit

Thank you very much for your explanation!

With best regards

Sebastian

• @88bit

Hello Again.

You said there were 2 things to configure RAK831 gateway, but only made mention about 1. I wonder what is the second one.

With best regards

Sebastian

• The SPI settings and the use of small and big endian.
    https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/appeui-endian-confusion/8978

• @88bit
    Oh, I see.

Maybe this is the cause why I can't make it work.
    Anyway, I am expecting to capture at least a data packet. It doesn't matter if this is the right one.

Thank you for your clarifications!

• Have you managed to connect the gateway to the TTN?
    If you can see your gateway as connected in the TTN console? if yes, you can be relatively sure that this side is working. What end devise are you using for testing? and which region are you in? Your RAK 831 has only 8 channel and your end-device can send the packet on any of the 64 available channels. You will need to restrict the end-device to the 8 channels you are listening to with your gateway. You can do this by implementing a channel mask on your end-device.

• @88bit

I am not allowed to connect any (lora) device to internet for security restrictions in the institution where I am working.... X-( So, I can't try anything related with TTN). I have installed a NetworkServer on my laptop: loraserver.io . But I can't confirm that the gateway is connected to the network server. I wanted to confirm first that the gateway is receiving packets from some endpoints.

About endpoints, I have a couple of Arduino MKR-WAN 1300, with murata chip. Also, I have RAK811. But I realized later that a J-Link is needed in order to program them. There is a workaround for programing using USB wire, that I have recently done.

I am very interesting on apply a channel mask to my endpoint. I will google it. Of course, any tip will be very appreciated.

Thank you again for all your help!

With best regards

Sebastian

Looks like your connection to RAK Support Center was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.