RAK811 Tracker - HowTo

• administrators

@rdosa You must have a j-link to program the device.

• administrators

• Hi,
    now I have a J-Link Interface (Segger) but how to connect to RAK811 Trackerboard?
    Is there a schematic/pin-diagram how to connect?

• administrators

0_1516584855263_upload-5010f210-9670-4628-9412-b71c71506475

• @frml55 you should also check the JLink user guide for the pinouts of your debugger http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1562851.pdf

• @rakadmin Does it mean that I must have J-link even to put the Devices EUI, App EUI and App key into the RAK811 Trackerboard?

I purchased the J-Link through your taobao store but I am not sure if I can use it on my Virtualbox with Windows 7.

Can I have the environment set up in Ubuntu Linux?

I just want to setup the Lora Tracker to test in Cayenne MyDevice for now.

• administrators

Hello, we currently only provide the Windows environment, if you want to download the program in the Liunx environment, you need to modify the procedures for the gcc compiler environment.

• @olunia
    Hello,

Try this, it's work on debian and ubuntu

https://github.com/oguiter/RAK811_BreakBoard/

• Hi,
    FYI, i just update the Makefile (some settings were "conflicting")...

• Hi,
    now I have connected the Segger J-Link adapter like this:
    0_1518348113709_upload-49bf09fc-5cd7-4dce-954a-816ceeff8966

I've installed CoIDE on my Windows10 PC and "GNU Tools ARM Embedded - 6 2017-q2-update"

When I try to build I get compiled 56 files without a failure, but when start linking
    the following failure appears:

[cc] Starting link
       [cc] arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -g2 -nostartfiles -Wl,-Map=RAK811Breakboard_classA.map -Os "-LC:/Eigene Dateien/0_Familienmitglieder/Maze/IOT Allgemein/RAK811 Tracker/coIDE/classA" "-Wl,-TC:/Eigene Dateien/0_Familienmitglieder/Maze/IOT Allgemein/RAK811 Tracker/coIDE/classA/link.ld" -g -o RAK811Breakboard_classA.elf ..\obj\sx1276.o ..\obj\printf.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_rcc.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_adc.o ..\obj\lis3dh.o ..\obj\gps-board.o ..\obj\startup_stm32l151xb.o ..\obj\sysIrqHandlers.o ..\obj\gpio-board.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_uart.o ..\obj\uart-board.o ..\obj\gps.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_pwr.o ..\obj\Region.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_spi.o ..\obj\LoRaMac.o ..\obj\fifo.o ..\obj\RegionKR920.o ..\obj\timer.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_gpio.o ..\obj\uart.o ..\obj\rtc-board.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_cortex.o ..\obj\utilities.o ..\obj\main.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_rtc.o ..\obj\cmac.o ..\obj\adc-board.o ..\obj\aes.o ..\obj\system_stm32l1xx.o ..\obj\sx1276-board.o ..\obj\RegionEU868.o ..\obj\RegionUS915-Hybrid.o ..\obj\RegionAS923.o ..\obj\RegionCommon.o ..\obj\LoRaMacCrypto.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_i2c.o ..\obj\RegionIN865.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal.o ..\obj\delay.o ..\obj\RegionAU915.o ..\obj\spi-board.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_rcc_ex.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_adc_ex.o ..\obj\eeprom-board.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_dma.o ..\obj\board.o ..\obj\i2c-board.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_spi_ex.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_pwr_ex.o ..\obj\gpio.o ..\obj\adc.o ..\obj\RegionUS915.o ..\obj\i2c.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_rtc_ex.o ..\obj\stm32l1xx_hal_usart.o -lm -lgcc -lc -lrdimon
       [cc] ..\obj\startup_stm32l151xb.o:(.isr_vector+0x0): undefined reference to `_estack'
       [cc] c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/6 2017-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7-m\libc.a(lib_a-init.o): In function `__libc_init_array':
       [cc] collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
       [cc] init.c:(.text.__libc_init_array+0x20): undefined reference to `_init'

Can anyone help me to build my .bin file?

• The problem with failed linking is solved.
    CoIDE's configurtion of link file was wrong.
    After I corrected this I've got my bin file, but ...

• How to get the code in the RAK811 tracker flash?
    • How to connect to TTN?
    • How to connect to Cayenne to test the tracker?

• Hi,
    in commissioning.h the EUI Values are in "big endian".
    If I build the project with big endian byte format, it doesent works.
    If I build it in little endian it works but activation in TTN doesn't work?!

What to do?

Options for code generation (crossStudio) are:

• Little little endian code and data.
    • Big big endian code and data.
    • BE-8 little endian code and big endian data.

• It's Chinese New Year so we may have to wait for some answers. I'm facing similar problems.
    When RAK say on there Boxes IoT made easy, what do they mean? it dose not looks that easy to me. Than again I'm not a developer dealing with embedded code. I hoped it would have been a config file you edit and that's it. Can you please continue to share your progress as this would greatly help me and I'm sure many other frustrated owners of the RAK 811 tracker. Thank you

Looks like your connection to RAK Support Center was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.